====eat like a champ, box like a champ ====
On December 17th, 2017 Jillian Brookes spoke to the youth on how your diet affects your performance in the ring, and in overall life.
Jillian Brooke is competitive boxer and a respected member of the EastSide Boxing community. She’s participated in the Aprons For Gloves, a charity boxing match that supports the Eastside Boxing Club. She advocates for leading a healthy lifestyle and is passionate about helping others achieve this as well.
She started off by telling her own personal fitness story, explaining that when she began to eat a diet in relation to her goals, she could reach them faster and more effectively.
She explained how the changes in her diet made her training better, she could hit harder and move faster. Also reflecting on her mental health and how eating healthier gave her more motivation to lead a healthier lifestyle in every aspect of her life, including increased motivation to get to the gym! #eatlikeachampfeellikeachamp
After the inspirational speech of self love, then followed some pro tips on meal ideas for before and after a workout.
1. Oatmeal with blueberries with a bit of yogurt/honey
2. Whole Wheat Toast with Sliced Banana + Peanut Butter
3. Sliced apples with almond butter
4. Sweet potato with steamed broccoli and a bit of olive oil
5. 1 cup of Brown rice or Quinoa
1. Boiled egg or Tofu salad with greens, tomatoes and almonds
2. Chicken Breasts with grilled veggies
3. Veggie Omelet (can substitute tofu for eggs) with Avocado, Broccoli, carrots and mushrooms
4. Steamed Broccoli and Carrots with roasted chickpeas or mixed beans (Kidney beans or Black beans) with a couple slices of avocado and \mixed greens.
5. Tuna Sandwich with hummus and vegetables
The youth enjoyed being mentored by someone involved in their community!